CareerBuilder.com offers up another list with “wacky” in the title. For web purposes, wacky is a euphemism for link bait, but I’ll bite. The list is comprised of the most unusual excuses provided by employees for being late.
- While rowing across the river to work, I got lost in the fog.
- Someone stole all my daffodils.
- I had to go audition for American Idol.
- My ex-husband stole my car so I couldn’t drive to work.
- My route to work was shut down by a Presidential motorcade.
- I wasn’t thinking and accidentally went to my old job.
- I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.
- The line was too long at Starbucks.
- I was trying to get my gun back from the police.
- I didn’t have money for gas because all of the pawn shops were closed.
As a manager, I would find #8 completely acceptable.