1. Always select talent and skills over experience.
2. Do not put the entire burden of the company on this hire.
3. Do not clone yourself.
4. Do not expect to hire perfection.
5. Do not start the process unless you can hire the right candidate today.
6. Do not run the process out of sequence.
7. Do not miss opportunities to see the candidate in action.
8. Do not change the compensation plan during the process.
9. Trust the instruments more than your gut.
10. Do not assume you are the candidates’ only option.